Thursday, March 17, 2011

Brunch with Buddy

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This meal is truly to die for!!!  Last Saturday, my girl Ashley and I met up for brunch at Insomnia where they serve the best home-made fries in the entire world!  I always get Eggs Charlotte which consists of smoked salmon, eggs benedict topped with hollandaise sauce over English muffin, served with fries and salad.   This used be a ritual amongst my friends and I on Saturday mornings where we would come here with a massive hang-over and an empty tummy from the previous night's debauchery.  Tsk, tsk....

A couple of days ago, I also purchased "The Ellements of Personal Style" which is a complilation of various female celebrities' personal style, insights into their homes and families and tips on how to be confident in your own skin.  Some of the women who were lucky enough to make it in the book are Erin Wasson, Padma Lakshmi, Diane von Furstenberg, Angelica Houston and Fergie, just to name a few.  I personally find this book very inspirational from the moment I opened it on the shelf.  It reminds me to stick to what I love, what works, to surround myself with beautiful and colourful items in my apartment and to not care about another's negative opinions.  I've had a lot of self-doubt lately about my career path, my own capabilites and my evolving personality so I need as much confidence boost and tummy butterflies as I can get and this book is definitely a great source.

No comments:

Post a Comment